This is a rich and moist chocolate cake. It only takes a few minutes to prepare the batter. Frost with your favorite chocolate frosting.
In this video, you’ll see how to make a moist, rich chocolate cake that only takes a few minutes to prepare. The batter comes together in just one bowl. Frost with your favorite chocolate frosting for an explosion of chocolate flavor! Don’t forget the recipe below; it’s so simple to make and easy to clean up.
Prep: 20 mins | Cook:30 mins | Total: 1 hr | Additional: 10 mins | Servings:24 | Yield: 2 – 9 inch round cake layers
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour two nine inch round pans.
- Step 2 In a large bowl, stir together the sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add the eggs, milk, oil and vanilla, mix for 2 minutes on medium speed of mixer. Stir in the boiling water last. Batter will be thin. Pour evenly into the prepared pans.
- Step 3 Bake 30 to 35 minutes in the preheated oven, until the cake tests done with a toothpick. Cool in the pans for 10 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
Per Serving: 157 calories; 5.7 g total fat; 16 mg cholesterol; 217 mg sodium. 25.7 g carbohydrates; 2.3 g protein
Source: All Recipes
Image Source: Cooking Classy